Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Visit = FUN!

Last week my family (minus my brother, Grant) came up from Southern California for a visit. Now that we live in the 'burbs and have 3 extra bedrooms it's great that they come up more often. I love love love it when they visit! What made this visit so much fun was that my sister and her husband decided to get away to Carmel for the weekend which meant they were leaving Chase, our 2 year-old nephew, with us!

Chase and Aunt Whitney

My mom, sister and Chase all arrived on Wednesday morning. Chris, my sister's husband, arrived on Thursday night. Just as they were getting into the car to head to Carmel on Friday morning, Chase fell in front of our house and hit his head on a fire hydrant! This delayed their departure by a few minutes. Needless to say I was happy the head injury happened while they were still here & not while Chase was on our watch!

The head injury later Friday evening

We had a great time playing mom & dad while they were away. Thankfully my mom, a.k.a. Gigi, was here to help us out! I don't think I could have done it on my own! Keeping up with a 2 year-old is hard work! I know I left the house multiple times with stains on my clothes and once without brushing my teeth!

First we went to the park then after his nap we got ready for Friday Nights on Main. It was definitely fun to go to Friday Nights on Main with a kid! Chase loved getting his face painted like a lion. Rawr!

Grrrr! Our little lion.

He had a great time. Chase had fun running around growling like a lion and climbing on the fire truck when the firemen came to visit. Saturday was filled with more trips to the park, checking out the Tiburon fire boat, a trip to the toy store and reading lots of books - one of Chase's favorite things. Another highlight of the weekend was the San Rafael farmer's market - especially the pony rides and all the good food samples!

Chase enjoying eating peas straight from the pod

After his nap then it was off to the Belvedere Concerts in the Park! There we listened to music and danced. We had a blast, but I think the highlight was when mom & dad met us there after their drive back from Carmel! Chase was so excited to see them.

Chase enjoying the music at the Belvedere Concerts in the Park

We can't forget the whole reason my family came up to visit...Gigi's birthday! We had a great dinner grilled by Joey followed by some yummy strawberry shortcake. It was a great week and I can't wait for their next visit! I can't believe that when they visit next Paige and Chris will have TWO boys in tow! How fun!!!

Happy Birthday Gigi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment