Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tango is back at Z Gallerie!

The Z Gallerie Tango pillow is back! It was carried in the stores before, however it vanished and there were rumors in the blog world that it was pulled because the pattern was too close to Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis. I missed getting my hands on a pair of pillows the first time they were in the stores, so I have been stalking Z Gallerie since then hoping they would carry them again.


The Z Gallerie closest to me has both the 24" pillows ($39.95) and curtain panels available. When I saw the pillows, I immediately bought 4 because I had been dreaming about getting the real Imperial Trellis pillows, but couldn't stomach the $225 price tag - that's per pillow!

When I was in San Francisco the other day I came to a complete stop and reversed back up the street to look at the curtains in someone's apartment - I thought they were the real thing, but when I saw the panels in Z Gallerie later that day, I knew that she had purchased them there.

The bad news is that the fabric is 100% polyester so it has a sheen to it and you can tell it's not the real thing. So I just returned them. I also didn't like the colors against my white couch. The background is chocolate brown and the pattern is a light coffee color. Here's a photo of them on my couch:


A girl can keep dreaming of owning the real pillow someday. (Christmas present idea for the husband!)

No comments:

Post a Comment