Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday Entertaining




I love to entertain and especially love setting a beautiful table. Now that we've moved out of San Francisco and have a little more space in the suburbs, it's a little easier and much more fun to have friends over for dinners.

Below is a table I set just before the holidays got under way.  We had 2 other couples over for drinks and dinner.  It was such a fun evening!  This night I chose to use our "everyday" dishes which are some of my favorite.  When we were married 5 years ago we registered for blue and white Spode dishes.  I love that I chose to have each plate a different pattern.  Over the years I have continued to collect pieces as I come across them.  One of my favorite places to look is eBay




I picked up the orange napkins at my favorite kitchen store, Tyler Florence Mill Valley, last Thanksgiving.  I have so much fun using them because they add such a splash of color to the table!




One year I had to have the FIJI water canisters so I asked for them for Christmas.  I loved seeing them at hotels and restaurants and thought they'd be so much fun on our table.  I always get compliments on them and you can order them here if you want them too! (Scroll down to the bottom where it says: Where can I find the FIJI Water Signature Sleeves I have seen in restaurants?)

Below is our table for Thanksgiving.  This is when I break out our wedding china which I really LOVE.  In fact I love it so much that the first time I used it I didn't want anyone to use their knives because I was afraid they'd scratch the plates! (Neurotic, I know.)




The bay leaf and berry garland was only $25 and made custom for our table by Pacific Coast Evergreen, one of my favorite vendors at the SF Flower Mart.  It was very festive and smelled amazing too.  Big bang for your buck!





I hope you have the opportunity to gather around the table with your family and friends this holiday season.  Happy entertaining!



No comments:

Post a Comment