Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's That Time of Year!




It's that time of year when the pile of presents to wrap never seems to get smaller, right?

I saw Colin Cowie do a segment on the Today Show the other morning where he was trying to teach the hosts how to wrap gifts.  I realized...Colin Cowie's got nothing on me!  (I'm kidding of course - he's FABULOUS!)  I thought to myself, I can give better tips on how to wrap a gift!

Let me introduce you to the tool that will save your life (and sanity) when it comes to wrapping presents: the Scotch ATG 700.





I use this tape gun for everything from wrapping gifts to assembling my Christmas Cards.  No more fumbling with the tape dispenser or visible tape along your edges!  It is really so easy!  Check it out...

First, I gather my supplies:





Then I choose which gift I'm going to wrap and cut the paper accordingly (let's hope my husband reads this AFTER Christmas otherwise one of his gifts will no longer be a surprise!):







First apply tape to one of the inside edges and stick it to the box.  Then fold over the second edge so you will have a clean edge showing.  Apply tape to the inside of the folded edge and bring it over so it sticks to the other half of the paper like this:



Look! No tape showing!


Fold in the edges along the ends of the gift like this:



 


And apply some tape with your gun:





 Look closely and you'll see the clear tape there!


Then fold over the bottom of your gift like this:





 Again, you can't see the tape! How great is that?



When both sides have bee folded it will look like this:






All that's left is to tie the bow and your present is finished! 






My favorite wrapping is simple kraft paper and Offray red double faced satin ribbon in varying widths depending on the size of the package.  It's just so simple and clean.  What's not to like?

I hope this inspired you to make a dent in that never ending pile of gifts!  Get the tape gun - I PROMISE it will make your life easier when it comes to wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment