Thursday, January 28, 2010

Domino Love



I dug through my OLD issues of Domino magazine to find this photo for today's post!  One of my favorite things I ever saw in Domino and implemented in my own home was to use an apothecary jar to hold my toilet paper!  Oh how I miss Domino.  (Sniffle, sniffle.)  It was featured in the October 2005 issue and I'm sure that countless people have now put one in their bathroom too.

Photo courtesy Domino Magazine, October 2005

The apothecary jar they featured is from English Creek  Gardens.  I found mine at Z Gallerie shortly after I saw it in the magazine, but they may still carry something similar.  If not, there are so many resources for apothecary jars - both online and in stores.

It's a great place to store extra TP, but the best part about it is that I now have it in our guest bathroom so the guests never have to search for more toilet paper when they run out!  Here's what it looks like in our guest bathroom:


See it tucked away in the corner?

Don't you miss Domino?  Do you have any fun decorating tricks you learned from them?  I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I missed the Domino craze. Considered ordering old issues on eBay, but stopped when I realized the cost was 5X's the original. Sniff Sniff. The Domino Book of Decorating will have to do.

    Thanks for the suggestions on the apothecary jars. I bought a few on clearance at my home away from home: Tuesday Morning. I love to fill the jars with acorns and fun ribbon over the holidays (suggestion from OneKingsLane). Now, I'm thinking of using the smaller jars for valentine's day candy...maybe even the M&M Love Messages! The tall one I can try and use for our 1 bathroom...although I known it won't look as pretty as your guest bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get over soon and see your house. I'm sure you've done lots since I last saw it!

    The Domino book is great to look at - the only bummer is that they don't list the sources for where you can find everything! You can come over anytime and dig through my old issues. I think I have almost all of them!

    Love Tuesday Morning - you can get some good bargains there. I found my bamboo folding chairs there that I've had for years!

    I like to put candy in jars around the holidays too. Red hots, hot tamales, conversation hearts or the pink & white M&Ms are all fun for Valentine's Day. Candy corns are fun for Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete