Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today's the Last Day!


You don't want to miss out on the Aaron Brothers one cent frame sale and it ends on Sunday!  You buy one frame and get the second for A PENNY!  You can't beat that.



It's my favorite time to stock up on frames for projects like our photo wall.  This is my favorite way to display photos.  The #1 reason I like it is because it's so easy to swap out the photos over time and you can rearrange them whenever you want!  I don't like to clutter up tables around the house with displays of photos, so this is pretty much the only place you'll find photos in our house.

Here is our current photo wall in the hallway leading to the master bedroom:



I can switch out the photos or I can change the mats and put in a different size photo for a completely different look.  I purchased a very simple black frame and decided to keep all the frames the same.  That way you focus on the photos themselves and not all the different frames.

There's even a competition going on now to see who's on the wall the most!  Everyone loves to check the wall when they come over to see if there's a new photo of them!

We also had a photo wall in our San Francisco apartment where we had much higher ceilings so this is what it looked like:



For the shelves, I used the Pottery Barn Holman Ledge in black.  In the San Francisco apartment I used three 4' long shelves.  In our home in Perfect Town I used two 4' shelves and added a 2' shelf to each so they are now 6' long.  Some of my favorite photos have stayed the same (wedding favorites and the 2 of us graduating together from UC Berkeley), but some have changed over the years as we added nephews to the family and recently celebrated my brother's graduation from the fire academy!

To print the large photos, I just take the images on a flash drive to my local photo store and they enlarge them for just a few bucks.  It's so easy.

I hope this has inspired you to display photos of your family and friends in your home.  If you have a favorite way that you like to display photos, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment