Monday, January 25, 2010

Spread the LOVE


I HEART VALENTINE'S DAY!  Not the romantic expensive dinner, spend waaaaay too much money on flowers kind of Valentine's Day, but the give cute small gifts, tell people how much you LOVE them kind of Valentine's Day.

I love telling my husband how much I love and appreciate him, so when Valentine's Day approaches, I have so many ways to show him too!  I like to put little treats or notes in his work bag when he's not looking in the evening so he discovers them once he's arrived at the office the next morning.  Last week I sent him to work with some tiny heart shaped sugar cookies from Susie Cakes which recently opened near my home.  Last night I put a bag of green M&Ms that were printed with special love messages in his bag.  I attached a little note & a HOT PINK bow and here's what he probably found today when he got to his office:



I found these special love message M&Ms at a drugstore near my home so I'm sure you can find them where you live too for your Valentine.  If I find out that he has a client meeting the next day, I usually hint to him that there's something in his bag...just so he doesn't accidentally pull out one of my notes or treats in a meeting!  Can you imagine???

I LOVE giving my nephews presents all year long so Valentine's Day becomes even more fun when there are kids involved.  Yesterday I spotted 2 great Valentine's Books at our local bookstore for them.  In my opinion, a child can never have too many books!  I wrapped them up and put them in the mail today so they can enjoy them and get excited for Valentine's Day.

The first was "Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse" from the author of one of my favorite books, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie".  In it Mouse makes Valentine's for all of his friends and they are each different depending on who the friend is!



The second book I got for them was "Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart".  I know, they are boys and Fancy Nancy is very girly, but the oldest is 2 1/2 so he doesn't know that and he LOVES learning new words.  He's always telling me that he wants to dine "al fresco" which he learned from a Fancy Nancy book.  I love it!  In this book he will learn words like bouquet, gorgeous and magnifique because according to Fancy Nancy, "almost EVERYTHING about Valentine's Day is fancy!"



I even found some wrapping paper in my stash that was perfect for Valentine's Day:



I topped the package with another GREAT find: hot pink ribbon from Costco!  Check out this awesome wired ribbon I found the other day.  Each spool is 50 yards and only $6.49!



I didn't get a picture of the card, but it was from Paper Source and it was letterpress with a picture of a dinosaur that read something like "you're a dino-mite valentine".  I hope they love their present!


Are you getting excited for Valentine's Day too?  I hope you are spreading the love!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's offical. I'm stalking this blog. Thank you for all the fun tips Whitney (especially about the M&M's with love messages). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I saw you just subscribed too! Thanks for the love! Missed you the other night. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete