Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!


Spring has sprung!  Well, not if you look outside, but in the land of J. Crew it has!

A few weeks ago I was invited by one of my favorite J. Crew J. Crack sales associates to a breakfast in the store to celebrate the launch of the Spring line.  I was so excited to see the new stuff that I could hardly sleep!  (Well, not that excited, but you get the point.)  The store had been a little bare over the last few weeks so I was ready for some new merchandise!

When I got there I tried to practice as much self control as I could, but it was tough tough tough!  I also kept trying to remind myself of the difference between want and need, but there were four things I just couldn't leave the store without.

The first was this sweet cotton papillon blouse which I picked up in white:


J. Crew Cotton Papillon Blouse shown in soft violet ($79.50)

Wouldn't it be so cute with black capris or skinny jeans?  They didn't carry black in the store, but now that I've seen black online, I might have a tough decision to make.  Which color to get and keep for Spring???

The second top I got was this dark gray ruffle tank top.  It's not online yet, but here's a photo I took tonight (sorry the flash washed out the color a little bit):


J. Crew Ruffle Tank ($45)

I looked for a fun necklace to go with this top and opted for something other than the usual black.  This is what the sales associate picked:


J. Crew Petal and Pearl Necklace in light amethyst ($59.50)

I can picture wearing this top and necklace with a lighter gray cardigan, jeans and my silver Capri Sandals from last year.

After I had checked out and was leaving the store, I spotted this sweater.  I tried it on and had to have it.  It's not for sale online yet either so here's a photo:


J. Crew Zipper Cardigan ($98)

It's a light gray cardigan with zipper, ruffle and satin details.  (Click on the photo to get a closer view.)  There were only a few left and the store had only had them on the floor for a few hours!  I got the last one in my size.  As they were putting it in my bag another woman who was looking for it asked to try mine on since we were the same size.  I let her, but since they were now sold out of our size thanks to me, she had to special order it.  I can't wait to wear it!  The zippers add such a fun unexpected detail.

So, if you are addicted like me, stop by your J. Crew store before yours is sold out too!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is crazy for J. Crew. Visit the site daily. J. Crew outlet had a few of the ruffle tops in stock over the holidays, but short sleeve and only in white. I love the new pale colors for Spring. Much cuter. Go Jenna!

    Fun J. Crew sites:
    http://jcrewaholics.com/
    http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are definitely not the only one who's crazy for J. Crew! It's dangerous that I now live so close to a J. Crew (the Corte Madera store). The sales associates know my name and I get the rewards cards in $75 amounts now. I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete