Monday, January 4, 2010

My Mecca


The Container Store is my Mecca.  It is a type-A person's dream come true when you walk in that place.  Everything is organized and they have a spot to store all the things in your home, office and garage.  I bet my husband wishes it was more than 1 freeway exit away so I wasn't there so often!

In case you couldn't tell from yesterday's post where I organized the guest bathroom, I LOVE LOVE LOVE their clear shoe boxes.  I store so many things in them besides shoes including toys, medicine, extra toiletries under the sink, batteries, light bulbs, etc., etc.  The list is endless!  They are perfect for everything because they are see through so I can always tell what's in them (although most of them are labeled as well - I know I have a problem!!!).  The boxes also come in a few different sizes (women's, mens', boots, etc.) so you can store different sized items and stack the boxes up on top of each other.  I ONLY buy the Container Store shoe boxes - not any of the imitations I see elsewhere!

Here are a few photos of where I use the clear shoe boxes around my house.  You NEED to get some of these and get your stuff organized!

I use them to store small toys, sidewalk chalk, etc.:





I use them under our sink to store makeup that I don't use everyday, extra toiletries like razor blades, deodorant and dental floss:
 
 

I use them in the garage to store extra light bulbs, batteries and extension cords:
 
 

More storage in the garage for votive holders and table linens:
 
 

Note the Elfa shelving in the garage from The Container Store...LOVE IT TOO!  It helps me keep all the junk in the garage organized and off the floor which is huge because now we can park TWO cars in the garage!

Hopefully you are lucky enough to have a Container Store near you.  If not, you can always order here.

No comments:

Post a Comment